Founded in 2012, Integrative Wellness Centers in Livonia, Michigan, has already helped nearly 2,000 patients regain their health and vitality. In this short time, Integrative Wellness Centers has already become one of the largest functional medicine clinics in the state of Michigan
Led by Author, Educator and Founder Josh Shields D.C., C.F.M.P., our doctors and team are leading a Wellness Revolution, advancing a new model of health care by pioneering cutting edge treatments utilizing Functional Medicine. Our team of health professionals is dedicated to helping you get your life back, naturally, effectively and safely.
Dr. Josh Shields is a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and has traveled the country as a consultant and educator of functional medicine for other professionals. Dr. Shields is recognized as an industry leader for pioneering and developing natural programs geared toward helping people reverse chronic disease and helping “healthy” people who want to become healthier. Don’t be surprised if you see doctors from other clinics spending the day and doing rounds trying to discover why Dr. Shields’ care is so effective. Dr. Shields has been helping patients for over thirteen years and has been featured as an expert on several health and wellness topics for fortune 500 companies like GE capital and Comerica Bank. He has also been featured several times on NBC’s, Live In The D. He and his wife have 3 children and currently live in Northville, Michigan.
Paul Simmons is a Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine and is a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner who joined Integrative Wellness Centers in March 2013. He has a special interest in helping patients take control of their lives and well-being without the use of prescription medications. “My mission is to empower people to take charge of their health and their lives by recognizing the simple truth that they are not designed to be ill,” he says. “Life will always thrive when given the proper chance to do so, and we are all capable of allowing ourselves to thrive if we choose to do so.” Dr. Simmons earned a bachelor’s degree in Health and Wellness from Central Michigan University and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Florida. He received his Functional Medicine Practitioner certification from Functional Medicine University. “I have always known that our bodies are not designed to operate only if the correct outside chemicals (medications) are taken daily,” he says. “Functional medicine allows me to prove this fact to others in a safe and reproducible program.” In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, exercising, playing hockey and working on projects around the house.
Dr. Suzanna Paris, ND is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and an expert in natural medicine – trained in the prevention, diagnosis, management, and treatment of both acute and chronic health conditions. She uses a combination of clinical nutrition, supplementation, herbal medicine, and lifestyle counseling to treat a broad range of conditions and patients. She is a graduate of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine with a GPA of 3.92 – one of seven accredited four-year graduate level Naturopathic medical schools in North America. Prior to her doctorate, she received her B.Sc. from the University of Windsor, Ontario. She has practiced as a primary care physician in a variety of clinical settings in Toronto, Canada. She is passionate about treating the individual, and not just their health condition. Dr. Suzanna strongly encourages patients to be actively involved in improving their own health and she regularly collaborates with other health care providers. She educates and empowers her patients, providing them with the knowledge and means to remove obstacles and improve their lifestyles in order to attain the best health possible.
Rachel received her Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy from Calvin College and is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. Helping others achieve optimal health and happiness is her true passion in life. Rachel helps individuals find their love of life again though simplifying nutrition, guidance and lifestyle management. She has dealt with her own health issues from a young age and knows first hand how hard it can be to start a new journey. She fell in love with holistic health years ago and truly believes that living a balanced lifestyle makes for a happy one. When she is not busy reading health books or photographing new recipes, you can find Rachel discovering a new coffee shop, going on a long walk or catching a movie.
Julie Stinebiser joined Integrative Wellness Centers in March 2016. In Julie’s administrative role she hopes to support the office to allow the doctors and staff more beneficial time with patients. New to functional medicine, Julie is fascinated by the process and excited by the results of the patients under care. “I enjoy meeting the patients and watching their progress. We are all here to help them on their journey to wellness.” Julie has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology and worked in the utility industry for over 25 years. Outside of the office Julie enjoys spending time with her husband and active sons.
Kristi is excited to help others seek wellness by letting the body do what it does best: heal itself. As a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Kristi became certified as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach in the Spring of 2016, where her decision to care for herself naturally and without any toxic treatments or medications led her down a path of research, study, and discovery. Her desire is to serve and support those in care so they never lose hope or faith during the process of correction and healing. She believes it takes courage and time to take the path less traveled, but that the end result is optimal healing and quality of life. Kristi enjoys spending time with her husband and are the proud parents of two adult daughters, both Spartan graduates of the MSU College of Nursing.
1. We believe that the human body was designed to be a self healing, self regulating organism that is controlled by an innate intelligence that is beyond our understanding. The problem is most standard medical care tries to overpower or manipulate this innate intelligence, instead of working with it, which leads to side effects and long term health issues.
2. We believe we were designed to live happy, healthy and fulfilled lives. Our bodies thrive when they are in a healthy environment, when we have good thoughts, good words and good actions.
3. We believe knowledge is power, but only when coupled with action. The biggest gap between the healthy vs. the unhealthy, is the access to the right information, the lack of proper action and the ability to apply it consistently.
4. We believe standard medical care is necessary and beneficial, for some, acute illness or injury but is fundamentally wrong when it comes to the creation and maintenance of true health.
5. We believe, true health comes from the absence of stress. Stress comes in four forms: Physical, emotional, environmental and biological. When we are exposed to these stressors for a long period of time it can create a state of ‘Dis’- lack of, ‘Ease’- harmony. Lack of harmony can eventually lead to disease. In our office we have fashioned our care to embrace Thomas Edison’s quote “The doctor of the future will give no medicine but interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and the prevention of disease.”
6. We believe in offering a world class health care team and process that helps people take back control of their health and enables them to design and create the lives they deserve.
7. We believe true health is a process. It does not come with one single event or finding a quick fix to a long term problem. Health is a process that requires goals, self discipline and consistency.
8. We believe in the relentlessness pursuit to become the best versions of ourselves in order to serve our patients at the highest level.
At Integrative Wellness Centers, we know that access to health care and the ability to live a healthy life is not accessible to all. We strive to find new ways to give back to our community, and our world, because everyone deserves an optimal life.
providing food and supportive services to those in need in the Northville, MI area
Each year, we sponsor a family for Christmas that otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford gifts for their children. We shop for the gifts, wrap them up nicely, and send them to our family with the warmest holiday wishes and love.
Visit their website to get involved this year and help a family in need!
providing clean water to communities and families in need around the world
Help us reach our goal of raising $5,000! Click here to view our contributions so far and get involved.
Helping families in Detroit transition out of homeless shelters by providing home furnishings and design services.
See how we transformed this family's home with a entire make over. This really was a lot of fun and very rewarding knowing that we made this a home anyone could be proud of. Watch the video.
providing youth development programs to kids in our community, including arts, education, and health and life skills
In tandem with the many free wellness workshops we offer, we help raise donations for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan and have raised nearly $4,000 for the children of Detroit.
Please click here if you’d like to support us.