Dr. Josh Shields2016-01-20T10:31:06+00:00
- 8 ounces dried, wide, and flat rice noodles (pad thai noodles)
- 1/4 tsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or 2 tbsp Braggâ€™s liquid aminoâ€™s soy sauce alternative
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 & 1/2 cup green cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce (add more if you would like it more spicy)
- 2 large eggs (optional), lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, and soy sauce.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, then add one clove garlic and red bell pepper and stir fry for 2 min.Â Then add green cabbage and ginger and stir fry for an additional 3 min.Â Add 1/4 of soy sauce mixture and cook for additional 2 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add eggs (if using) and cook, scraping skillet with a rubber spatula, until eggs are almostPrep Time and Cook Time: 35 minServes: 4