- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 green chili minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 inch ginger piece minced
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- In a medium pot, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add remaining onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add curry paste and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red chili powder, tumeric, green chili, and garlic
- Stir in coconut milk and 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Add potato and cauliflower and season with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir chickpeas into curry and increase heat to high. Simmer rapidly until liquid reduces slightly, 2 minutes.
- Serve curry over rice with cilantro.
Cook Time and Prep Time: 30 min