- 1 package (14 1/2 ounces) firm tofu, drained, cut in half into 2 slabs and then cut diagonally into triangle shaped pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, stalks trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds, florets separated into bite-size pieces
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- Arrange tofu in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towels. Top with more paper towels and another baking sheet; weight with canned goods. Let tofu drain, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli (stalks and florets) in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, 2 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together 1 tbsp grape seed oil, turmeric, sea salt to taste and red chili powder.Â Then add drained tofu to bowl and coat each piece with mixture
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cook until golden brown on each side, turning gently.Â Transfer to a bowl once browned.
- Meanwhile, make sauce.Â In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, garlic, cornstarch, and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
- Add broccoli to skillet; cook over high heat, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk reserved sauce to combine; pour into skillet. Return tofu to skillet; stir to coat, about 1 minute more.
- Serve topped with cashews.
Cook Time and Prep Time: 40 min