- 6 whole dried medium shitake mushrooms
- 6 cups warm water
- 4 medium-sized pieces wakame seaweed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2Â tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2Â tbsp soy sauce
- 1Â tbsp rice vinegar
- 3Â tbsp minced scallion greens for garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse mushrooms and wakame and soak in 2 cups of warm water for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Save water.
- Heat 1Â tbsp mushroom-seaweed water in medium-sized soup pot
- Add onion and sautÃ© over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to sautÃ© for another minute.
- When mushrooms and wakame are soft, slice the mushrooms thin and chop the seaweed. Cut out stems when slicing mushrooms and discard.
- Add to soup pot along with soaking water, and 4 more cups of water.Â Bring to a boil on high heat
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Season with soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add minced scallion and serve
Cook time and Prep Time: 30 min