- 3 acorn squash
- 10 baby carrots, chopped finely
- 2 celery stalks, chopped finely
- 1 apple, chopped finely
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa, made according to package directions
- 2 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp garlic grape seed oil
- 6 tbsp vegetable broth (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down in dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute carrots, celery, apple and onion about 5 minutes. Add cooked Quinoa, cumin and beans. Saute about 1 minute more. At this point mine looked a little dry so I added 6 Tbsp. of vegetable stock to moisten.
- Add mixture to cooked squash