- 4 cups filtered water
- 2-5 tablespoons miso â€“ depending on richness desired
- 2 tablespoons thinly chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup diced tofu
- 10 one inch seaweed strips (optional)
- Put water, tofu and seaweed in a saucepan and bring to a boil (broth)
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min, then remove from heat.
- Allow this broth to cool a bit and then add the miso mixing it well until it dissolves.Â (The broth should be cooled to a temperature of 105 F degrees or lower so the beneficial microflora and enzymes in the miso remain in tact).
- Add chopped green onions for garnish.
Cook Time and Prep Time: 20 min Serves: 4