- 1 package brown rice fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (from jar)
- 5 artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped finely or 1 tbsp dried
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup black or kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a smooth dressing. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water (about 1 tbsp salt to 4 quarts water) to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then pour pasta into a large bowl.
- While the pasta is still warm, pour a couple tablespoons of the dressing over the pasta and toss so that the pasta doesnâ€™t stick together as it cools. Let it cool to room temperature, tossing now and again to help the cooling process and to prevent sticking.
- When the pasta has cooled, add the sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, basil, onion, olives and oregano and toss. Add the vinaigrette and toss again until the pasta ingredients are evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve.
Prep Time and Cook Time: 30 min