- 1 large leaf lettuce, large leaves torn into smaller pieces
- 4 large or 6 small ripe Italian tomatoes sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1â„2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper to taste
- To make the garlic vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, oil and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Place a layer of lettuce leaves on a serving platter or on 4 plates and arrange the sliced tomatoes and then the cherry tomatoes on top. Drizzle over the vinaigrette.
- Scatter the basil leaves and the pumpkin and sunflower seeds over the tomatoes, and serve at once.
Prep Time: 20 min