Comprehensive Thyroid Care
Have You Wished Your Doctor Understood How Nutrition and Natural Medicine Could Help?
We can help answer for you:
- Why you are taking thyroid hormones, have “normal” lab values and still feeling miserable
- How to get your energy back. Reversing fatigue from thyroid disease is more than just taking the right pills.
- What crucial tests you are missing
- What Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis is and what you have to know
- The role of your gut and your immune system as it relates to your thyroid
- How every hormone in your body can affect your thyroid and how we can help them work together in harmony
- How to possibly reverse the progress of your thyroid condition
- What supplements you should be taking or avoiding
- Do you have food sensitivities making your thyroid worse
Throughout my adult life I had dealt with several issues like fatigue, irregular and heavy periods, severe sinus headaches and allergies. I had always struggled with my weight even as a young girl, I always thought it was that I took after my mom. I had told the doctor several times to look at my thyroid because I had all the symptoms of low thyroid and my mother had been diagnosed hypothyroid. But every time the doctors would test my thyroid they would always say it was in normal range. I even had a doctor tell me I needed to exercise more, I was already exercising an hour a day 6 days a week and sometimes 7 (much more than what I think the doctor was currently doing). Even with all that exercise for an entire year I had only lost 10 lbs. I was introduced to Integrative Wellness through a friend and met with Dr. Shields. After meeting with him I decided to get the testing and it revealed I had an autoimmune disease of my thyroid called Hashimoto’s. I also discovered I had significant food allergies and extremely high levels of inflammation (doctor told me that means damage to the cells in my body). Finally I had found answers to why I felt the way I felt. I knew there was more to my health issues than the typical excuses like “it’s just that you’re getting older” or my favorite “it’s just the way it is and you’re going to have to deal with it.” I knew it wasn’t all in my head. Following Dr. Shields’ recommendations to the “T” after 8 months I was actually skinny for the first time in my adult life. I had lost 60 lbs, I was down from 184 to 124. I hadn’t seen that number since I was in junior high school, now mind you it took a lot of work and commitment. I am not going to tell you it was easy but it was worth it. My menstrual cycles are normal now, my digestion is perfect and I haven’t reached for an allergy or sinus medication since I started care. I finally feel like I am in control of my health, I have been given the answers and a set of rules that I know if I follow them I can continue on this path.
Are you looking for answers?
We are experts in helping people find natural, permanent, solutions to their hormonal and thyroid related health issues.
Founded in 2012, Integrative Wellness Centers in Livonia, Michigan, has already thousands of patients regain their health and vitality. In this short time, Integrative Wellness Centers has already become one of the largest functional medicine clinics in the state of Michigan.
Led by Author, Educator and Founder Josh Shields D.C., C.F.M.P., our doctors and team are leading a Wellness Revolution, advancing a new model of health care by pioneering cutting edge treatments utilizing Functional Medicine. Our team of health professionals is dedicated to helping you get your life back, naturally, effectively and safely.
We have a google rating of 4.9 with over 170 google reviews and counting.
Will you be the next success story?
Schedule a Free Thyroid Consultation (a $250 value) today and for the month of August you will also receive a $100 credit you can use on your first visit towards testing or care. You must claim this offer by August 30th.
A consultation with one of our doctors can be life changing and probably the most extensive and eye-opening visit you’ve ever had. During your first visit the doctor will help explain how your symptoms may be related to one another and may even have the same cause.
Along with improving your thyroid health, the doctor will also help identify additional causes resulting in your symptoms including:
- Adrenal glands (sleep and anxiety
- Liver (brain fog, hormone imbalance, cholesterol, headaches, migraines, joint pain)
- Ovaries (mood swings, sleep, acne, menopause)
- Digestive system (IBS/IBD, gastritis, ulcers, leaky gut, nutritional deficiencies)
- Brain (serotonin, dopamine, GABA, depression, brain fog)
- Immune system (Autoimmune disease, frequent illness or infections, inflammation)
- Sinuses (allergies, congestion)
- HPA axis (hormonal imbalance, fight or flight response, sleep)
Your Health Plan Will Include:
30 minute doctors visits
Session(s) with a Health Coach
Advanced Lab Testing
Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
Online Patient Learning Center
In Office Wellness Workshops
Unlimited Access To Wellness Team
Recovery from thyroid symptoms is possible now.
“Dr. Simmons is a heaven sent. I have been suffering from thyroid issues for years and things seemed to be getting worse. I was having heavy menses, vertigo so bad I couldn’t drive anymore and terrible bouts of constipation. For years I kept asking my endocrinologist for help and all he did was keep raising my thyroid dosage. I always knew there was something wrong but I couldn’t figure out what it was until I met with Dr. Simmons. He has put me on a road to recovery and I can’t tell you how much better I feel and how quickly I could notice a change. I haven’t felt like this in years.” –Mary L.
Need some help?
Are you looking for answers? A consultation with one of our doctors can be life changing and probably the most extensive and eye-opening visit you’ve ever had. During your first visit the doctor will help explain how your symptoms may be related to one another and may even have the same cause.
The systems, organs and glands the doctor will investigate are:
• Thyroid gland (weight, energy, hair, nails & motivation)
• Adrenal glands (sleep and anxiety)
• Liver (brain fog, hormone imbalance, cholesterol, headaches, migraines, joint pain)
• Ovaries (mood swings, sleep, acne, menopause)
• Digestive system (IBS/IBD, gastritis, ulcers, leaky gut, nutritional deficiencies)
• Brain (serotonin, dopamine, GABA, depression, brain fog)
• Immune system (Autoimmune disease, frequent illness or infections, inflammation)
• Sinuses (allergies, congestion)
• HPA axis (hormonal imbalance, fight or flight response, sleep)
Once your consultation is complete, the doctor will map out an action plan on how we can work with you, naturally, safely and effectively to help you reach your health goals and balance they systems of your body.
This action plan will include:
Please let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance. We look forward to seeing you soon!
If you need anything call us at 734-779-1650.