Benefits of Swiss Chard
- Recent research has shown that chard leaves contain at least 13 different polyphenol antioxidants, including kaempferol, the cardioprotective flavonoid thatâ€™s also found in broccoli, kale, strawberries, and other foods.
- One of the primary flavonoids found in the leaves of chard is a flavonoid called syringic acid. Syringic acid has received special attention in recent research due to its blood sugar regulating properties. This flavonoid has been shown to inhibit activity of an enzyme called alpha-glucosidase. When this enzyme gets inhibited, fewer carbs are broken down into simple sugars and blood sugar is able to stay more steady. It makes sense to think about chard as a vegetable whose flavonoid phytonutrients are unique and may offer special benefits for blood sugar control.
- source: www.whfoods.org
What you will need:
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 2 large leaves of chard with spine (any kind)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 scoops Standard Process SP complete Protein Powder (Dairy Free)
- NanoMega Lemon Fish Oil
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Water to desired texture
Add the fruits and veggies chia seeds into the blender with water.Â Blend the contents.
Then add the NanoMega and SP Complete to the blender and pulse gently to mix contents Do not overblend the proteins and oil, this will de-nature them.Â Drink Immediately!