Ingredients 1 large prepacked package of mushrooms 1 medium onion diced 3 cloves garlic 1 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 1/2 tsp italian seasoning 1/4 tsp fresh thyme 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp black pepper 2 tbsp water sea salt to taste 1 roll of polenta sliced as seen in picture gluten
1. Heat coconut oil in a medium sized sauce pan on low-medium heat
2. Add onions - saute until translucent
3. Add mushrooms and garlic - saute until mushrooms with lid covered until they are soft (about 7 minutes)
4. Add balsamic vinegar
5. Add, italian seasoning, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and fresh thyme
6. Add water
7. Saute for another 3 minutes with lid on
8. Pulse blend until mushrooms texture is like a chunky spaghetti sauce (add more water if required - consistency should be like a thick spaghetti sauce) - set aside.
9. Cut polenta into 1/2 cm slices and coat with extra virgin olive oil - bake in oven for 7-10 minutes, flip over and bake for another 5 minutes
10. In a casserole dish layer polenta with mushroom mixture, then another layer of polenta and then lastly another layer of mushroom mixture
11. Top with bread crumbs
12. Bake in oven at 350 F, for 20 minutes
Cook Time and Prep Time: 60 min
When you sign up you'll receive free access to our Hormones Report, Program Guide and more.